Top Five St. Patrick's Day Hangover Cures From Avatar's John Alfredsson
Avatar has captured the essence of what groups like Rammstein, In Flames and System of a Down have done, bringing heavy music to the wider masses. It's new, exciting and straightforward.
Since many of you will be partying for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow, and we knew that Avatar drummer John Alfredsson was an expert drinker, Noisecreep asked the Swede for some of his favorite hangover cures.
Top Five St. Patrick's Day Hangover Cures From Avatar's John Alfredsson:
5. Sleep. This is Henrik's, our bassist, favorite trick. I'm never able to stay in bed long enough though, but he's a wizard when it comes to sleep the pain away no matter what it takes.
4. Cartoons, but not from Pixar. Your ravished soul can not take to many touching family moments in this vulnerable state. Just pop in a DVD box with 'Family Guy,' or 'South Park' or something, but make sure you've seen it before so there won't be any unpleasant surprises. Avoid 'Futurama.' Awesome show, but to much onion cutting in your present state.
3. Pizza and beer. You might not want to get hammered again, but spending the day after in a mild buzz sure beats the puking and headaches by a long shot.
2. Sex, at least before and during. Nothing drowns out your human brain quite as hard as your reptilian one. It might have something do with the fact that you feel as if you're dying and you really should reproduce before hitting the bucket, but I'm no doctor so I don't know.
1. Painfully hard, physical work under terrible conditions. I am a firm believer that most parts of how we feel is controlled by willpower. Those days you wake up, realizing you're in a tour bus and shit needs to get done are the best when you've had a wild night. Get up too early, carry things through a snow storm and up narrow stairs in a labyrinth factory building somewhere in Siberia followed the most epic breakfast you've had in years and you'll realize what it means to be an avatar, a god in human form. Just to be sure you should top this with sleep, cartoons, pizza, beer and sex, It's a miracle worker that never fails you. Cheers!
Avatar's 'Black Waltz' is available now via eOne. Pick up the album here.