Pakelika Dead: Former Kottonmouth Kings Member Dies at Age 34
Michael Tullberg, Getty Images
Cochrun passed away from cardiac arrest related to an asthma attack. The actor/performer suffered from the condition of asthma his entire life. He was only 34-years-old at the time of his passing.
His manager Doug Cosgro at Nobel Entertainment Media released a statement confirming his passing, which read as follows:
"Patrick fought asthma for over many years successfully. There was no way that Pakelika could have foreseen the severity of his last seizure. On the way to the hospital, EMTs and hospital staff tried to revive him the five times he flatlined."
Pakelika was on life support until Saturday afternoon (Aug. 11) at Providence St. Joseph Hospital located in Burbank, California. He died peacefully and surrounded by friends and family. He is survived by his parents, his sister and his grandfather.
Kottonmouth Kings were devastated by the news and member Brad "Daddy X" Xavier has released the following statement:
"We are out on tour preparing for the release of our new record. At what should be an exciting time for the group we have been blindsided, shocked and deeply saddened by the terrible news about our friend and former band member Pakelika's sudden death. Nothing can prepare you for such horrible news and this reminds us all just how precious life is and the importance of friends and family. It has been a couple of years since Big Pak performed with the Kings, but his presence and the impact he made on us will live forever. Patrick 'Pakelika' Cochrun was a very unique and special person. We traveled the world together and played hundreds of shows together. The memories and experiences we shared will live forever in our hearts and souls. We want to thank the underground for the tremendous outpouring of condolences and support at such a sorrow filled time. Take care of yourselves and spread love and positive vibrations. Rest in peace big Pak; you will be missed!"
In honor and tribute to Pakelika, the Kottonmouth Kings have dedicated their new video for "Mr. Cali Man" to him online at this link.
"Pakelika's friends and family want us all to celebrate his life and memory. We are making plans now for an event to celebrate Pak's life and to help raise money for his hospital bills. Details will be announced shortly, until then we ask that everyone light a candle at 4:20pm this week for our fallen brother and friend. This is a very sad time for us all, but let's all take some time and remember Pak for the loving and caring person he was." added Suburban Noize president Kevin Zinger.
Rockers We've Lost in 2012
- Mark "Bam Bam" McConnell (Sebastian Bach)
- Nicole Bogner (Visions of Atlantis)
- Bryan Hagan (Heir Apparent)
- Michael Grant (Crescent Shield)
- Mark Reale (Riot)
- Ronnie Montrose (Montrose)
- Rich Teeter (Twisted Sister, The Dictators)
- Robbie France (Diamond Head)
- Tonmi Lillman (Lordi)
- Trondr Nefas (Urgehal)
- Steeve Hurdle (Gorguts)
- David Ellenburg (Dogbane)
- The Out There Fashions of Outside Lands
- She's ready for a Supergirl reboot.
- This dude had Olympic fever.
- This girl's Best Coast tattoo caught our attention.
- The vibe was peace and love all weekend.
- Even though it wasn't sunny at the fest, this guy had plenty of shade.
- Even our press wristbands had flair to them.
- So ready for Halloween.
- She flew away right after we snapped this shot.
- Hats off to this lady for classing up the joint.
- We're not sure what the deal is here, but she was psyched!
- Furry to the third power.
- Peter Pan: The College Years
- Despite what you might be thinking, the mullet wasn't attached to the cap.
- These ladies had some bachelorette party style going on.
- Who shot the sheriff? We did, silly!
- We think this guy thought he was really at the Gathering of the Juggalos?
- Feather hat dude reached for the sky.
- A disciple of Darth Vader made it out to the fest.
- This fuzzy hat probably came in handy during the cool nights at the fest.
- There was also some Mardi Gras flavor at Outside Lands this year.
- This gentleman drifted in from the woods in time for the Foo Fighters set.
- The Lord of Afros was in the house.
- If you've seen the movie 'Drive,' then you'll know this one.
- Alladin (In)Sane.
- Even the park rangers let loose at the fest.
- Rock Star Stage Name Origins
- Nikki Sixx
- Geddy Lee
- Meat Loaf
- Marilyn Manson
- Gene Simmons
- Alice Cooper
- Axl Rose