Sons of Azrael's Joe Siracuse Dies: Singer Passes Away at 29
Sons of Azrael
Joe Siracuse, singer of Buffalo, N.Y. metal band Sons of Azrael, has died unexpectedly. He was just 29-years-old at the time of his passing.
Details and the circumstances surrounding his death are unavailable at press time, according to Lambgoat.
This is the second tragedy to befall the band in the past year. The news of Siracuse's death comes just days short of the one-year anniversary of guitarist Tony Lorenzo being shot in the back during an armed robbery. Lorenzo was ultimately paralyzed from the waist down.
Lorenzo was mugged at 10:30PM on October 26 in Buffalo's Elmwood Village. At the time, Lorenzo spoke about the incident, saying, "The kid asked me, he said, 'Give me what you got.' And before I could even get my wallet out, he just shot me. I was robbed. I can't feel my legs right now."
Noisecreep sends our thoughts and love out to Sons of Azrael and the friends and family of Siracuse during this difficult time. We will report further details as they become available.
Friends and fans have been posting memories about the singer on Facebook.
Rockers We've Lost in 2012
- Mark "Bam Bam" McConnell (Sebastian Bach)
- Nicole Bogner (Visions of Atlantis)
- Bryan Hagan (Heir Apparent)
- Michael Grant (Crescent Shield)
- Mark Reale (Riot)
- Ronnie Montrose (Montrose)
- Rich Teeter (Twisted Sister, The Dictators)
- Robbie France (Diamond Head)
- Tonmi Lillman (Lordi)
- Trondr Nefas (Urgehal)
- Steeve Hurdle (Gorguts)
- David Ellenburg (Dogbane)
- Jeremy Saffer Photo Gallery
- Jeremy Saffer
- Killswitch Engage
- David Ellefson (Megadeth)
- Jimmy Urine (Mindless Self Indulgence)
- 10 Charitable Rock Musicians
- Amy Lee (Evanescence)
- Tim Lambesis (As I Lay Dying)
- Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)
- Ian Astbury (The Cult)
- Jared Leto (30 Seconds to Mars)
- Sal Coz Costa (My Darkest Days)
- James 'Head' Welch (Love and Death, ex-Korn)
- Iron Maiden