Jon Bon Jovi, 'Jersey Shore' Feud: Singer Slams MTV Reality Show
Jon Bon Jovi, the Jersey Shore he grew up in is a far cry from what MTV's 'Jersey Shore' depicts on its weekly reality show.
Bon Jovi, who's from Sayreville, NJ, shared how offended he is by the TV show that has castmembers like The Situation, Snooki, Pauly D, Sammi Sweetheart, Vinny and Ronnie partying non-stop on the shore.
He tells Britain's OK! Magazine: "It's not my Jersey Shore. I was there way before they were. We used to go down to the boardwalk all the time when we were kids, that was a cool place to go. People from New Jersey know that's not what it's like."
The 50-year-old singer also voiced his anger that the show has led to instant-stardom for the cast, which he feels is unfair. "I more resent that those shows create 'celebrities', that's bad," he says. "Some kid is struggling to write a song, or to be an actor or write a book, and kids want to get famous to be famous. I don't like that. It's really sad."
Bon Jovi is famously a big supporter of his hometown state. A year ago, he opened a charity restaurant called Soul Kitchen in Red Bank, NJ. At the eatery, it's pay-what-you-can-eat, and if diners can't pay cash, they earn their meal by cleaning up in the kitchen. In a recent interview with Katie Couric, Bon Jovi said the restaurant has been packed every night since Superstorm Sandy hit NJ last week.
- Steven Tyler
- Vince Neil
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Bret Michaels
- Ted Nugent
- Perry Farrell
- Gene Simmons
- Dee Snider
- Tommy Lee
- Celebrity Heavy Metal Maniacs
- Cameron Diaz
- Nic Cage
- Jada Pinkett Smith
- Mickey Rourke
- Rachel Weisz
- Jim Carrey
- Demi Lovato
- Michael Fassbender
- Lady Gaga
- Jack Black
- Rockers Before They Were Famous
- Years before he welcomed us to his nightmare.
- It's Alice Cooper!
- This dude doesn't look like a master of puppets here.
- It's Kirk Hammett of Metallica!
- All he wanted to do in the '80s was jump.
- It's David Lee Roth of Van Halen!
- This student's future groupie exploits would become the stuff of legend.
- It's Gene Simmons of KISS!
- Little did he know he would one day become a Jersey hero.
- It's Jon Bon Jovi!