Machine Head Frontman to Undergo Emergency Surgery + More News
Frazer Harrison, Getty Images
According to Blabbermouth, Flynn had originally planned to have the surgery in Jan. 2013, but he's been suffering through a lot of pain due to a double inguinal hernia for the last month. The pain has proven to be too much for the singer to take.
"I've been toughing out an inguinal hernia below my waistline since June of last year, and a few months ago got a second hernia in my nuts. What basically happens is my guts drop into my nuts, and it looks like I have a third testicle (man, I can hear the jokes already!) It hasn't been that painful, and I've gone to the doctor a few times to take care of it, but he said after surgery I probably couldn't sing for a few weeks, and since that wasn't going to happen, I scheduled it for January when I had a break. Unfortunately, after the last few shows, my guts have been very swollen and hard to push back in. Yesterday, the pain was excruciating and I went to the emergency room last night. They said that I need surgery.
"I will be doing my damnedest to rejoin the tour in a couple weeks.
"Thanks to all the fans, bands, and crew for understanding. I'm determined to see you all soon and finish what has been a great freakin' tour!"
- Rick Allen (Def Leppard)
- James Hetfield (Metallica)
- Brent Hinds (Mastodon)
- Billy Idol
- Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)
- Bret Michaels (Poison)
- Jeff Hanneman (Slayer)
- Steven Tyler (Aerosmith)
- Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath)
- Demon Hunter's 10 Favorite Metal Album Covers
- 'British Steel,' Judas Priest
- 'Ride the Lightning,' Metallica
- 'Chaos AD,' Sepultura
- 'Screaming for Vengeance,' Judas Priest
- 'Vulgar Display of Power,' Pantera
- '...And Justice for All,' Metallica
- 'I Get Wet,' Andrew WK
- 'Danzig,' Danzig
- 'Demanufacture,' Fear Factory
- 'Rising,' Rainbow
- Mayhem 2012 Photo Gallery
- Mayhem Festival 2012
- Asking Alexandria
- Merch tents at Mayhem Festival 2012
- As I Lay Dying
- Fairway at Mayhem Festival 2012
- Asking Alexandria
- Cheap seats at Mayhem Fest 2012
- Crowd at Mayhem Festival 2012
- The Devil Wears Prada
- Main stage at Mayhem Festival 2012
- Corey Taylor of Slipknot
- Slayer crowd at Mayhem Festival 2012
- Mick Thomson of Slipknot
- Slayer's Kerry King
- Slayer backdrop
- Tom Araya of Slayer
Soundgarden have partnered with Converse for their very own, limited edition Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker. The shoe will be available exclusively at Converse's Santa Monica store at Third Street Promenade and at Converse.com. It coincides with King Animal, the band's first release in over 15 years. The kick boasts album artwork from the record on a monochromatic black sneaker. The new Soundgarden logo is also highlighted in white on the heel. The Soundgarden Chuck Taylor All Star sneaker is limited to only 60 pairs and will be available in unisex whole sizes 6-13. You can get 'em for $65. [Via Press Release]
Alice in Chains have confirmed two shows for 2013. They will perform at Download in England on June 14 and will take the stage at Rock in Rio in Brazil on September 13. [FMQB]
The End Records has released two music compilation playlists which will specifically benefit the victims of Hurricane Sandy. Any proceeds from the playlists will be donated to relief efforts. The metal playlist, which features everyone from Axewound to Opeth, is here. The alternative playlist, which boasts everyone from James Iha to the Dandy Warhols, is here.
80 percent of the net sales will go to AmeriCares, while the remaining 20 percent going to the fan that shares charity of choice, to themselves or to the artist. [Via Press Release]
Linkin Park have teamed with Electronic Arts to contribute "Castle of Glass" from Living Things to the soundtrack for Medal of Honor Warfighter. Like the game on Facebook and unlock exclusive game content, like tips and tricks from the band. You will also be entered in a sweepstakes where you can win a cool prize pack!
Dead Fish Handshake have released the single "Leave the Light On," the proceeds of which will be donated to the Monmouth Country Food Bank as part of Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. The superstorm which battered the East Coast two weeks ago hit close to home for DFH, since three members are from New Jersey. Watch DFH's relief effort video at this link.