Megadeth: Dave Mustaine 'Doesn't Speak for the Band' Says Drummer
Kevin Winter, Getty Images
In an interview with Atlantic City Insiders drummer Shawn Drover reiterated that Mustaine "does not speak for the band" and addressed the track "The Conjuring" which the frontman no longer wants to sing.
"The subject matter lyrically is very dark, and he's not comfortable singing it. Ironically, it's one of my favorite tracks. You have to respect that if someone's not comfortable with that. Pretty much everything out of our catalog, we can pull out and play," Drover said of the song that discusses the occult and black magic.
After leaving Metallica and founding Megadeth in 1983, Mustaine led the new band to become one of the most successful metal bands ever. However, his recent support for Conservative candidates like Rick Santorum and support for conspiracy theories about President Obama coordinating recent shootings have alienated some fans, and apparently, his band mates.
From the occult to Rick Santorum is certainly a big change in values -- let's hope Mustaine accepts the re-election without much griping.
See Photos of Rockin Republicans
- Kid Rock
- Alice Cooper
- Gene Simmons
- Joe Perry
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Dave Mustaine
- Johnny Ramone
- 3 Doors Down
- Ted Nugent
- Best Guitar Faces
- Gary Moore
- C.C. Deville (Poison)
- Brian May (Queen)
- Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine)
- Joan Jett
- Eddie Van Halen
- Joe Walsh
- Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi)
- Neil Young
- Carlos Santana
- Joe Satriani (Chickenfoot)
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Steve Vai
- Nigel Tufnel (Spinal Tap)
- Yngwie Malmsteen
- Rockers Before They Were Famous
- Years before he welcomed us to his nightmare.
- It's Alice Cooper!
- This dude doesn't look like a master of puppets here.
- It's Kirk Hammett of Metallica!
- All he wanted to do in the '80s was jump.
- It's David Lee Roth of Van Halen!
- This student's future groupie exploits would become the stuff of legend.
- It's Gene Simmons of KISS!
- Little did he know he would one day become a Jersey hero.
- It's Jon Bon Jovi!