Ex-Holy Terror Frontman Keith Deen Dies: Singer Passes Away at 56
The singer of the '80s Los Angeles-based thrash group lost his three-month battle with cancer on Thursday (Dec. 12). He was 56.
"With the loss of Keith Deen, a part of me is gone as well," said Holy Terror guitarist Kurt Colfelt about his former bandmate's passing.
A former member of speed metal act Agent Steel, Colfelt formed Holy Terror in 1986. The band went on to release two studio album -- 1987's Terror and Submission and 1988's Mind Wars -- before parting ways.
Colfelt reformed Holy Terror in 2005, but his attempts to get Deen involved were futile.
Rockers We've Lost in 2012
- Mark "Bam Bam" McConnell (Sebastian Bach)
- Nicole Bogner (Visions of Atlantis)
- Bryan Hagan (Heir Apparent)
- Michael Grant (Crescent Shield)
- Mark Reale (Riot)
- Ronnie Montrose (Montrose)
- Rich Teeter (Twisted Sister, The Dictators)
- Robbie France (Diamond Head)
- Tonmi Lillman (Lordi)
- Trondr Nefas (Urgehal)
- Steeve Hurdle (Gorguts)
- David Ellenburg (Dogbane)
- Demon Hunter's 10 Favorite Metal Album Covers
- 'British Steel,' Judas Priest
- 'Ride the Lightning,' Metallica
- 'Chaos AD,' Sepultura
- 'Screaming for Vengeance,' Judas Priest
- 'Vulgar Display of Power,' Pantera
- '...And Justice for All,' Metallica
- 'I Get Wet,' Andrew WK
- 'Danzig,' Danzig
- 'Demanufacture,' Fear Factory
- 'Rising,' Rainbow